Turkey Burgers with Creamy Romaine Slaw
1 pound ground dark meat turkey
1 tablespoonDijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2 scallions, sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 leaves romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise (about 2 cups)
1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
4 soft rolls, split and toasted
potato chips and pickles, for serving
- In a medium bowl, gently combine the turkey, mustard, thyme, and scallions.
- Form the meat into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss with the lettuce and carrot.
- Serve the burgers on the rolls, topped with the slaw. Serve with chips and pickles (if desired).